Fundraising for MEND is a lot of fun! Keep it small with a few friends or invite the whole community.
Set up an Automatic Payment
We recommend setting up a Weekly Automatic Payment so that over the course of a year you have supported many disabled adults and children to mobility, independence and financial freedom. (MEND – ANZ 01 0382 0043240 00)
Here’s some ideas for setting up fundraising events for MEND in your area:
- Run a sausage sizzle…. sell BBQ sausages or bacon butties at a big event or your local shopping area
- Set up a raffle….ask a local business to donate the prize
- Organise a movie night…. sell tickets and run raffles
- Sports events….fun runs or walk – charge an entry fee
- Cake Stall….get baking with friends and sell your creations at the local rest home, work, community group, event or run a stall at local shoppping area
- Book Fair….collect books and sell at a local hall
- Speed Dating…. organise this fun event at your local pub
- Art auction….this could be your art, local school children’s art, or local artists donations
- Concert @ Home….organise a musical event at your home
- Mufti Day…. school or work – ask for donations from those who dress in mufti
- Chocolate…. in New Zealand, Trade Aid and Cadbury, offer fundraising chocolate. You can google ‘fundraising chocolate’ to find your national supplier. This is a very successful fundraiser because it is easy to sell chocolate to friends, workmates, family, neighbours, etc.
- Wine…. Sell a range of wines to your friends, family and community. In NZ Sileni Estates offer fundraising wine. Signature Wines offer a choice of wine with your own label at Signature Wines. For your country – google ‘fundraising wine’.
Check out and share on social media the MEND Shop:
- At the moment the MEND Shop sells down sleeping bags, vests and 100% woolen beanies but we are working on this to include the wonderful handmade embroidered Kashmiri bags and shawls by our partners SHE HOPE.
- We also sell items on the New Zealand auction site Trade Me MEND Page.
Love travelling & shopping!
If you are travelling to India, Kashmir, or Nepal and bring back items you could then sell them to friends and family to raise funds for MEND or donate them to us and we can sell them on Trade ME to raise funds for much needed medical procedures.
Ask local businesses if they would be interested in donating a percentage of their profits to MEND. These ongoing payments are brilliant for supporting our partner schools and to pay for surgeries. We are now working on sustainable sponsorship, for example, if an individual or company sponsors a buffalo (around UK400 / NZ $1,250) then the buffalo milk sold at market can support two families sustainably rather than a one-off payment.
Tell your Community about MEND:
Show the MEND DVD to community service organisations, or even at the local library (we have a flyer you can hand out).
Show the MEND DVD to local schools (we have a flyer you can hand out).
Call around your local community seeking used hearing aids and prosthetic limbs, walkers, and callipers.
Research grants and awards that MEND can apply for (we will point you in the right direction).
What skills do you have that could help MEND? Here’s some ideas – website creation & management, small business training and mentoring.
Giving is Fun!
The small town of Bundeena south of Sydney, Australia has a big heart!
They raised thousands of dollars for urgent surgeries and rehabilitation for our patients at Hope Disability Centre in Nepal.
This is their boot-camp fitness fundraiser organised by local personal trainer, Dale.
Their amazing community effort also helped fund a brand new earthquake-proof boarding school for hearing-impaired children in Central Nepal. Thank you Bundeena!